Trendiest and Fabulous kitchens are everyone’s dream. Its not practically possible or feasible to keep
demolishing and renovating kitchen designs. All that we see in Interior design magazines, may not be possible to implement due to budget constraints and simply due to space restrictions.
Then, what could be the possible solution for these issues?
How can we keep the kitchen functional and yet beautiful with significant design changes?
Here are some tips for this :
- Changing the doors of your kitchen cabinets:
Polishing/Varnishing the existing wooden cabinet doors shall not just give a great enhancement and mood lift, but also help keep kitchen bugs and fungus at bay due to the new pungent alcohol smell.
- Upgrading your hinges from normal to soft close hinges:
Unfortunately most people do not try this for the fear of having more holes on the existing door. Actually, a talented and sensible interior supervisor/contractor can identify the right carpenter for you and get to upgrade the hinges in a very professional way. Keep in mind that one need not always go for branded hinges. A well experienced interior supervisor can get you best of the non-branded hinges as well and give you replacement guarantee as well.
- Replacing the MDF kitchen doors is the best option if you are also planning to change your hinges. MDF doors are very basic wooden density. So, if you try to re drill them for new hinges, it is sure to warp or give away completely.
- Supposing your based kitchen doors are made of stronger wood, choosing an experienced interior supervisor/project manager can help you identify if the doors can be scraped, reshaped, flattened to fix a fresh laminate on top. Choose a gloss finish laminate if you are
Already using a matt finish or vice versa.
- Painting the kitchen cabinets with glossy white paint can also be a cheaper and better remodelling option.
- Make sure to changes the runners in the draws while changing the hinges.
- Sometimes changing the granite slab and kitchen sink alone can completely uplift the kitchen mood and a give new-look feel to kitchen.
- Consider installing glass doors for wall cabinets with lighting inside. Even if you don’t change the entire base cabinet doors. Just this one change can give a totally different look to the kitchen. Make sure you match the frame of the wall cabinet doors to the base cabinet doors. Or you can go for contrast colours as well.
- Supposing you have a kitchen that is decent enough but you find it all too cluttered, then the best option would be to introduce a tall storage cabinet or some more wall cabinets to remove the gadgets from the kitchen top and mount them into a wall cabinet with a switch to operate nearby.
- Changing or fixing a new effective chimney could be the best revamping a kitchen might need after all. May reorganizing your stuff into new boxes will do.
Last but not the least, make sure all your plumbing works are intact and install fresh pipes where necessary. This could give a fresh smell to the kitchen. After all, kitchen is the place great smells are produced to treat our nose buds!