Home decoration is a soulful activity. Home is our most personal space.
It’s important to make it the most heart-warming space. Our mind’s beauty gets reflected in our home’s space arrangements.
A chaotic home is a direct reflection of chaotic mind spaces of people who occupy that space.
Here are top 10 easy tips to decorate your home sweet home. Take few minutes out of your busy schedule and put some thought to the lovely space called home where you tend to spend most of your private moments in life!
Choose a nice cosy spot, sip your favourite drink and answer the following questions to yourself. You can even pen down your thoughts if you have the flair for it.
1. What and how do you want your home to look and feel like? Do you want your home to be a tranquil oasis in a busy world? Are your wall colors soothing or do they shout back at you? Do you want a fun place inside your home for friends to gather, do you need plenty of seating for that?
2. What are your main hobbies and activities? What all do you need for these activities? For instance, if you have interest in tailoring and embroidery that you work on often, get storage containers for it that can be easily opened or put away. If it’s a lot of trouble to get at your collection, you will either won’t spend the time on it, or else you might be tempted to leave it out and risk losing or breaking certain pieces.
3. Who all are using your home space? How many people will be living with you? What ages? It’s important for every individual to have a personal space that’s their own. It could just be a special chair, couch, desk or a section of a room, everyone needs their space. If you’re planning to do dance practices with TV fame dancers, and then an upload on youtube, you’ll need room to move around in front of the Television!
4. What about your precious little things? It’s very easy to become a total mess if things don’t have a place. One ends up feeling overwhelmed with too many things around that are extremely useful yet not available as and when required. A good filing cabinet is important for all people. You don’t need to be working to own a filing cabinet! It’s a great place to store all the papers that you don’t know what to do with and also to store all the important guarantee /warranty cards, EB bills etc.!
5. How many furniture’s do you really need? Too many furniture’s can make a room feel much cluttered. The bare important and essential furniture are a couch and two to three chairs, a table and chairs for eating, a bed and place for your clothes. Beyond these essentials, one has to think hard about what is required or what is not required. Will you really use a heavy computer desk or would you rather sit on the couch with a laptop foldable desk? Remember to plan for a work from home set up as well. It’s better to demarcate a place for work from home inside your personal room or to allocate a different work room with a decent office interiors. Call us to get more brilliant tips on work from home plus school set up. We can even get the whole thing done for you.
6. Think about the traffic flow between rooms. Plan in such a way that you can walk anywhere in the room without bumping into furniture, especially when you are a long cal with your beloved relatives/friends. Try drawing furniture placement on a paper as a first step.
7. Pick a focal point – your home has to have unique features. What do you want to see when you first walk into a room? Do you have nice windows with great lighting? Are you enjoying it? All of feel brighter in sunshine but some people like a darker room set up. Which kind are you?
8. Think about order and organization. Do you bring home pending work every day, or mail, or sports equipment? Where will you put your work stuff? A large bowl/box/hanging bags near the front door can be a great place to drop your mails until you find time to go through it later.
9. Take advantage of free expert advice. Every store and every product line employs professional designers to help people put their furniture and accessories together. If you’re unsure of your decorating skills, it’s better to pick a design you like. Study how they did it either by looking through a catalogue or go to a nearby store. It’s all there assembled and displayed for you. If you like their design ideas and the overall looks, best is to go ahead and do what they’ve done! If the show rooms are not open due to covid-19 issues. Fret not, there are plenty of great magazine to browse through and choose your options.
10. It’s time for planning at least a small vertical garden, if not an elaborate one. Growing your own greens and veggies is the most peaceful activity to do. We can help you with many ideas too.
Watch out for various design discussions in our forthcoming blogs/newsletters.